I have always had a keen interest in animals and their behaviour. Following on from a career as a high-level nurse and with a passion for positive reinforcement training, sparked by seeing its positive effects for one of my own dogs, I studied with recognised educators to become a qualified professional animal trainer and behaviourist. I work closely with vets and where necessary other animal care professionals to ensure the best outcome for you and your pet. I combine high quality qualifications with memberships of professional bodies which are responsible for helping to ensure high standards of welfare within all areas of animal training and behaviour practice.
I am a …
- Graduate and Certified Training Partner with the world-renowned Karen Pryor Academy
- Registered Animal Training Instructor with the Animal Behaviour and Training Council
- Certified Animal Behaviourist and Trainer with the International Companion Animal Network
- Full Member of the Association of INTOdogs: as a fully accredited member can proudly display the UK DOG Behaviour and Training Charter badge
- Qualified Tellington Ttouch Practitioner (Companion Animals)
- Full Member of the Pet Professional Guild British Isles
- Member of the Animal Training Academy
- Member of the Pet Professional Network
Paul has been handling and training birds of prey for more than 35 years, he is an Active Member of the International Association of Avian Trainers and Educators and has a Level 4 Certificate in Animal Behaviour. Over the last 10 years he has been rehabilitating wild peregrine falcons for the RSPCA and Hawk Conservancy Trust and worked on the Bird Team at both International Festivals of Falconry in the United Arab Emirates.
Paul trained and has pursued a career in Nature Conservation, has a UCL Certificate in Field Biology and a special interest in Behavioural Ecology. As well as helping with the administration of Positively for Pets, Paul assists with the management and training in bird behavioural cases.